Monday, July 13, 2009

Brüno Review



I went and saw it on a whim Saturday night with my brother and sister. I had hopes that it was better than Borat, as I was not a big fan of that movie. Brüno did not disappoint.

Brüno is the story of a gay Austrian television personality who is fired from his job and goes on a worldwide quest to become famous. It is incredibly funny from start to finish, and at times I was laughing so hard I couldn't even see the screen. My favorite scenes included the focus group scene, the swingers scene, and the parent interviews. There were a few scenes which made me cringe, and the movie ended rather abruptly, but it wasn't that big of a deal. I recommend seeing this movie one way or another, either going to the movies now or when it comes out on DVD. It was definitely worth seeing, and I liked it more than Borat.

4 comments: