Thursday, July 16, 2009

Seinfeld Backup


I hate people who use exclamation points. People in offices use them on every email. And if you dont respond with an exclamation point, you look like a jackass. I'm tired of this social obligation where you have to return exclamation points.

As I relate all my day to day experiences with Seinfeld, below is another one for your enjoyment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elaine: You wanted to see me, Mr. Lippman?

Lippman: I was just going over the Jake Jarmel book and I understand you worked with him very closely.

Elaine: Yes, krhm, yes I did.

Lippman: And, anyway I was just reading your final edit, um, there seems to be an inordinate number of exclamation points.

Elaine: Well, I felt that the writing lacked certain emotion and intensity.

Lippman: Oh, "It was damp and chilly afternoon, so I decided to put on my sweatshirt!"

Elaine: Right, well...

Lippman: You put exclamation point after sweatshirt?

Elaine: That's that's correct, I-I felt that the character doesn't like to be ch-ch-chilly...

Lippman: I see, "I pulled the lever on the machine, but the Clark bar didn't come out!" exclamation point?

Elaine: Well, yeah, you know how frustrating that can be when you keep putting quarters and quarters in to machine and then *prrt* nothing comes out...

Lippman: Get rid of the exclamation points...

Elaine: Ok, ok ok ...

Lippman: I hate exclamation points...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats great is that seconds later the role of the exclamation point is reversed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerry: 'Dear Barry. Consider this letter to be official termination of our relationship effective immediately.'

Kramer: Exclamation point.

Elaine: You still have no proof.

Kramer: Elaine, he was sniffing like crazy around me.

Jerry: 'I will expect all funds in form of cashier checks no later than the 18th'.

Kramer: Double exclamation point!




By the way, I just found that magazine cover. Elaine is too hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment