Wednesday, June 17, 2009

These Companies Get It



I was going to see Pelham last night, but once I got to the theater I thought hmmm, I have Transformers from Netflix at home, why not watch that? I have to see this Megan Fox broad in living color for once before I can respond to JT's contention that she's top 5 (even though she obviously forgot her boobs in the gene pool and has a tat of Dakota Fanning on her arm). I mean I've seen cuter chicks working in tollbooths, but I haven't actually seen her in a movie yet, so I was like "let's give her a shot." So I came back, got the same parking spot, and rolled up to 123.

I pop in Transformers, start eating my chicken, and am thoroughly enjoying the movie for an hour. Then it starts doing the dreaded pixelation, and then stops altogether. The box valiantly "attempted to read media," but to no avail. My movie night was toast.

So I reported the problem online, and they're sending me a replacement disk tomorrow. Then I was wtf, I should get a little something extra for the effort. Studley Do-Right advised me to call them and bitch, so I did. The broad on the other end of the line immediately told that they'd send out the next item in my queue, and I hung up happily.

Now if they hadn't done that, I would have canceled my membership, then sent them a turd sandwich in the red envelope. They get "it" though, they know that they should always make the customer happy. What other companies have the wherewithal to keep an existing customer?

Southwest - I think we're beating a dead horse by saying they're the best airline.

Bodybuilding.com- Sends stuff out on weekends, nights, and fake holidays like Kwanzaa. Also calls you and emails you to see if you like it.

IBM- Fixed every part on my laptop for free, no questions asked, after it inadvertently took a bath in Seagram's Extra Dry.

Dunder Mifflin- Great response after the watermark incident

Wawa- Free ATMs and electronic sub ordering, 'nuff said

These companies don't:

Dell- Wouldn't give me free shipping, even though I was about to drop a milli on a TV, so I didn't buy.

Dell- Also, took them 3 weeks to ship the box.

Facebook- Slowly becoming Myspace. I got out of it yesterday and I'm not looking back. Mark my words, you'll all be out of it by New Years. They should never have let this application stuff get started.

Safeway- Jacks up prices, then pretends you're saving with their "club card," which is just a way to send you personalized ads for the crap you buy. Also puts octogenarians in the express lanes.

Amtrak- You would think after 150 years of running the same routes on the same rail lines, they'd figure out how to be on time. Unfortunately, unless you pay for Acela, you're gonna be late. I think I'm batting .800 in the "arrive 2 hours late to my destination" column since becoming a customer. Don't bother asking for a refund.

Verified by Visa- Apparently I need to remember another yet password in order to buy those fleshlights/flashlights and "magazine subscriptions." I forget mine every time, so I'm running out of Patriots players and mythological beasts to use as the code.

1 comment:

  1. I was going upstate, Amtrak cost 120..... flew on Jet Blue for 150

    ReplyDelete