Thursday, June 25, 2009

CPR on a bear?


"We could tell the heart was still beating … but the chest wasn't moving at all. I didn't want to lose this bear because I wanted to get a radio collar on it, so I started doing chest compressions on the bear to try to get air in and out of the lungs," Van Spengen told CBC Radio's B.C. Almanac on Tuesday .

While he said he did consider mouth-to-mouth breathing, another component of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), Van Spengen jokingly said, "[Bears] usually don't carry breath mints."

I am about to venture into Canada myself in a week with 5 other dudes (no homo) and the crazy thing about it is that we are actually bringing a bear with us. Well technically he isn't a real bear but he comes as close as you can get. If he were to take a fall from a tree and his little heart stopped ticking I would surely pound on his chest for a little bit to get him going again. Mouth to mouth? I don't know, I mean I'm not homophobic but that walks the thin line of being gay. Save a friends life vs. getting razzed by my buddies for eternity? I can't decide. Also it seems a little risky getting that close, what if he wakes up and fights me like he did to Rocky. We'll see what happens. 


Shout out to TheDiva for finding this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment