Friday, June 19, 2009

Why I Will Ride the Dos Equis Bandwagon



I agree with El Gaupo and how it sucks when something you love goes mainstream. But I will have to say I'm okay with this when it comes to Dos Equis. Last night, Dos Equis threw a free party at a ballroom downtown. I must have dropped the "I'll have six slit..ches, fuck it whatevers free" line five times. They were pushing the Most Interesting Academy or whatever. The party was six floors comprising of a 20,000 gallon pool, 3,000 rubber ducks, 3 didgeridoo players, 6 black belts, 2 trick shot billiards players, 3 birds of prey, and some other random shit. Anyway it was awesome. QuestLove from the Roots controlled the 1's and 2's and was dropping hot fire the whole night. All of this was pretty cool, but what took the cake last night, was meeting Bear Grylls. Yes that's right, Bear Fucking Grylls was throwing back Dos Equis with the common folk. I reached my hand out and said its an honor, he replied, "its an honor as well, nothin like having a few beers with some new friends". I may have gone from six to midnight right there. I always thought he was a pimp but now I know he's g.o.a.t. No one would give a shit if that dude from Survivorman was at a party, people would probably just tell the creeper to get lost. But not Bear Grylls, Bear Grylls gets bitches on the reg.













1 comment: